STUDENT PROGRAM DRESS CODE
SCHOOL YEAR PROGRAM
- ALL CLASSES:
- Plain white t-shirt and black dance pants, stretchy/athletic pants, or leggings. Please note, shorts are no longer dress code.
- White socks and black shoes for Ballet, Jazz, or Tap.
- Clean light-sole sneakers for Hip Hop.
- Bare feet for Modern, Circus and Aerial.
- If hair is long, it must be secured tightly away from face in a pony tail.
- NO WATCHES, BRACELETS, CHAINS, or JEWELRY OF ANY KIND. Please understand this is a safety issue and will be strictly enforced.
- Leotard* is worn with pale pink footed tights and pink leather or canvas ballet slippers.
- No attached skirts or footless tights permitted.
- HAIR Must be in a bun for Ballet I and above (see link to directions for bun, if you need help.)
- MODERN, JAZZ, AERIAL, ACRO, HIP HOP:
- Black full-length unitard, or black leotard and black footless tights or capri leggings. No shorts permitted.
- If you have a ballet class immediately preceding your modern, you do not need to change for modern. Please wear your ballet dress code leotard and pink convertible (footed) tights for ballet and then roll up your tights for bare feet for modern.
- Note: For Hip Hop, girls may choose to wear a plain white t-shirt and plain black athletic pants, instead of the black unitard/leotard dress code listed above.
- Hair must be cleanly and tightly secured off the face and neck in a ponytail, braid, or bun for longer hair and tight headband for shorter hair.
- Halter leotards, bare midriffs, embellishments and attached skirts are not permitted in any class.
- NO JEWELRY, WATCHES, BRACELETS, CHAINS, EARRINGS, OR RINGS OF ANY KIND. Please understand this is a safety issue and will be strictly enforced.
Need more help making a bun for ballet class? Try these resources:
How to Make a Classical Ballet Bun (Step by Step with pictures and video)
We recommend the following leotard brands: Eurotard, Capezio, Motionwear, Mirella, Body Wrappers.
* BALLET LEOTARD COLORS (No skirts please!)
Click on class for a link to purchase info.
- Tippy Toes: Pale pink (tank or cap sleeve) 123
- Pre-Ballet : Light Blue (tank or cap sleeve) 123
- Ballet 1: Royal Blue 123 (tank or cap sleeve)
- Ballet 2/3: Motionwear Bright Red Camisole
- Ballet 4/5: Navy Mirella Child’s Scoop Front Camisole, Style No: M201C
- Teen Ballet: Black camisole 2
Brands: 1 Eurotard, 2 Capezio, 3 Motionwear, 4 Mirella, 5 Body Wrappers
- Storybook Dance Theater Camps:
- GIRLS: Solid color leotard, pink convertible tights (click here for an example), pink ballet shoes.*
- BOYS: White t-shirt and black jazz/athletic/dance pants OR black athletic shorts just above the knee. White socks and black ballet shoes.**Ballet shoes are recommended but not required for storybook dance theater camps.
- Aerial and Hip Hop Camps:
- GIRLS: Solid color dance top (no midriffs allowed) or leotard, stretchy athletic/dance pants, Clean light-sole sneakers for Hip Hop. Bare feet for Circus and Aerial.
- BOYS:White t-shirt and black jazz pants or stretchy/athletic dance pants or black athletic shorts just above the knee. Clean light-sole sneakers for Hip Hop. Bare feet for Aerial.
- Ballet Camp:
- GIRLS: Solid color tank or spaghetti strap leotard, pink convertible tights (click here for an example), pink ballet shoes.
- BOYS:White t-shirt and black jazz/dance pants OR tights. White socks and black ballet shoes.
- ODP Pre-Professional Intensive
- GIRLS: Solid color leotard, pink convertible tights (click here for an example), pink ballet shoes and black jazz shoes.
- BOYS: Solid color t-shirt and black jazz/athletic/dance pants OR black tights. Black ballet shoes and black jazz shoes.